Article 1 Definitions
The personal profile created by a User when he or she registers for the Service, and to which the User can gain access, after entering his or her Login Data;
Any information provided, modified or uploaded by the User, which may be publicly viewed or used;
Jesus.net Foundation, a foundation governed by Dutch law, located at Watertorenweg 172, 3063 HA Rotterdam, The Netherlands;
All information, data and files that are part of the Service, made available to the User by the Operation or its Partners, including but not limited to online training, documentation, materials and online resources for evangelism and discipleship;
Intellectual Property Rights:
All intellectual property and related rights, such as copyright, trade rights, patents, design rights, trademark rights and database rights;
A username and password that allows the User to access their Account and the Service;
The Privacy Regulations, available through this link;
Another Christian organization, or a company that, or organization that has entered into a partner agreement with Jesus.net and/or provides Information for the Service;
The information that the Operation provides to the User, in order to enable them to learn more about, and experience the Christian faith, through the Service and to connect with other Users;
A person who uses the Service and/or has created an Account to use the Service;
Refers to one or more websites maintained by the Operation.
Article 2 Application
Article 3 Access to the Service
1. In order to use the Service, the User must create an Account, as described on the Website. It is not permitted to use the name of another person or company when creating an Account. During registration, the User must provide Login credentials, which will allow him to access his Account.
2. The User is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the Login Data of his Account. As soon as the User becomes aware that their Login Data has fallen into unauthorized hands, or as soon as the User has reason to suspect that this is the case, the User must notify Jesus.net of this immediately, without this relieving them of their responsibility to take the necessary action themselves immediately, such as adjusting their Login Data.
3. The User therefore accepts and acknowledges that the User is at all times responsible when the Service is used by third parties through the User's Account.
Article 4 Use of the Service
1. The Operation may at any time (i) make functional, procedural or technical changes or additions to the Service and (ii) temporarily or permanently interrupt the Service, restrict its use or terminate the Service.
2. Any use of the Service and the Content provided is at the risk and responsibility of the User. The Operation is not responsible for Content provided by Users through use of the Service.
3. The User agrees that he will not post any Content on the Website that is inconsistent with the Christian message of the Operation, and that he will not use the Website in a manner inconsistent with it. Unauthorized use includes, but is not limited to, the following:
a. using the Service and/or making Content available in a false and/or misleading manner, including, but not limited to, assuming a false identity and/or falsely suggesting that the User is in some way commercially affiliated with the Ministry;
b. Making Content available that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, bots or other software that may damage, disable or remove the Service, interfere with access to the Service, or modify the Information;
c. harm the interest and reputation of the Operation or the Partners;
e. reproduce, publish or sell Information obtained through the Service;
f. use contact information provided by Users for commercial or non-commercial messages, as well as messages related to charity, as well as any other unauthorized communication, falling outside the objectives of the Service;
g. making available Content that contains advertisements, without the express permission of the Operation;
h. using third parties to carry out the above.
4. The User acknowledges and agrees that the Content he makes available through the Service may be used by other Users, without modification of the Content and without source reference.
5. The Operation reserves the right to modify, refuse and delete Content, limit the use of a User's Account, or terminate the Account, if, in the opinion of the Operation, the Content is not acceptable.
6. If the User believes that certain Content violates his or her rights and/or the rights of other Users or a third party, the User must promptly notify the Operation as described in Section 9.
7. The User may choose to link the Service to his or her social media accounts, so that all Content made available by the Service automatically appears on his or her social media accounts. Linking the Service to a social media account is the responsibility of the User and entirely at his or her own risk. The Operation is not responsible for the availability and proper functioning of social media, nor for the proper functioning of the link between the Service and the social media service.
8. The Service may contain links to third-party websites, which are not owned or controlled by the Operation. The Operation has no control over and assumes no responsibility for the content of other parties' websites, the practices of those websites, or the privacy policies of those websites.
Article 5 Intellectual Property Rights
1. The Intellectual Property Right relating to the Service, including the Intellectual Property Right relating to the Website and the Information belongs to the Operation or its licensees.
3. All Intellectual Property Rights related to the Content remain with the User who makes the Content available through the Service. The User acknowledges and accepts that by making the Content available through the Service, he thereby automatically and gratuitously grants the Operator the unlimited, worldwide, irrevocable, sublicenseable and transferable right to reproduce the Content and make the Content available, to the extent necessary for the provision of the Service.
4. The User waives, in accordance with applicable law, all moral rights related to the Content.
5. The User guarantees that there are no Intellectual Property Rights of third parties that impede the making available of the Content for the Service and/or prevent the granting of a license as articulated in Article 5.3.
Article 6 Privacy
1. All personal data provided by the User will be treated in accordance with the Privacy Statement and all applicable laws and regulations.
Article 7 Compensation and Warranties
2. The User guarantees the accuracy and legality of all Content provided to the Operation in relation to the use of the Service.
Article 8 Civil liability
1. The Operation accepts no liability for damage resulting from the provision of the Service, except where such damage arises from gross negligence.
2. The realization of any right to compensation is always subject to reporting the damage in writing to the Operation as soon as possible after the damage has occurred. Any claim for compensation against the Operation shall simply lapse twelve months after the damage first came about.
Article 9 Notification of Unlawful Content
1. The Operation shall not be liable for any damage resulting from unlawful use of the Service by the User. When the Operation has received a sufficiently accurate and sufficiently substantiated notification, the Operation shall use its best efforts to remove the unlawful content or block access to the unlawful content.
2. The Operation has adopted the procedure described below by which Content made available through the Service that is believed to be unlawful may be reported to the Operation. This can be done by sending a notification to email@example.com.
3. The Operation reserves the right not to comply with a request to remove Content or to block access to Content, or to stop an activity in the event that there are reasonable grounds for doubting the accuracy of the notification, or when a balancing of interests requires it. In such a situation, the Operation may request a court order before removing the Content.
4. The Operation will not be a party to any dispute between the person making a notification and a third party arising out of or related to a notification.
5. The person making the notification shall indemnify the Operation from any third party claims related to the blocking or removal of Content or cessation of activities. The indemnification shall also cover all damages and costs incurred by the Operation in connection with such claim, including, but not limited to, the reimbursement of legal fees.
6. The Operation respects and protects the privacy of those who provide such notice. Any personal information received by the Operation as part of a notice will always be handled in accordance with applicable privacy laws and will only be used to process the notice.
Article 10 Termination
1. The User may stop using the Service at any time and he may terminate his Account at any time.
3. In the event of termination for the sake of the agreement, there will be no reversal of what Operation has already provided and/or done.
4. Upon termination by the User, the Operation shall delete the Content that the User has made available to the Operation through use of the Service.
Article 11 Miscellaneous
4. If at any time any disposition in these User Terms is or becomes invalid for any reason, this shall not affect the validity of the remaining User Terms and such disposition shall be replaced by another disposition, which shall be perfectly valid and which shall approximate as closely as possible the effect of the disposition being replaced.